Dave Tetlow spent some time shuttling back and forth between the Church Road
and Curtis Road locations.  He had six birds again at Curtis Road, and then
had three on the wires and utility poles on Curtis Road.  When I was able to
run back over at lunch time the six Church Road birds were still there and
there were two at Curtis Road.

At least two of the birds at Church Road look like young birds to me - these
had scruffy/scaly looking heads (similar to young Mourning Dove) and
indistinct, poorly-defined black collars on the neck.  The one I had better
looks at also seemed to have more pointed primary tips than the
adult-looking birds, and seemed to have more white mottling on the
underparts.  I took some pictures of this bird & the total group, but from a
distance, so I don't know how well they'll turn out.  (At least today, these
birds seem a lot more skittish than normal, not allowing close approach in
the car even when they were on the wires.)

There were also two Cackling Geese with the Canada Goose flock on the south
side of Church Road, west of the farm.

Cheers,
Andy Guthrie
Hamlin, NY

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to