Gee, ya think? But seriously, thanks for the warning. There are trusting souls 
who would fall for this. I live with one. I, on the other hand, am not so 
trusting!

Birders, try to keep your feathers from being plucked.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 18, 2011, at 1:48 PM, Nadine Scarpa <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is obviously a scam - someone seems to have hacked into his email 
> account. 
>  
> If anyone knows him, please advise him of this.  Do NOT reply to his email.
> 
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:43 PM, John Gavrity <[email protected]> wrote:
> It’s me,  I really don't mean to inconvenience you right now, I made a little 
> trip to Netherlands and I misplaced my luggage that contains my passport and 
> credit cards, I know this may sound odd, but it all happened very fast. I 
> need to get a new passport and a ticket, but I'm short of funds to pay for my 
> ticket, and other miscellaneous expense. Please, can you lend me some funds 
> to get a ticket? I'll be willing to pay back as soon as I get home.
> 
> Please respond as soon as you get this message, so I can forward you my 
> details to send the funds to me, OR you can drop a message via the hotel's 
> desk phone if you can. The numbers are, 01131 2 0622 8607.
> 
> I await your response
> John Gavrity
> 
> 
> 
> 
> --
> 
> NYSbirds-L List Info:
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
> 
> ARCHIVES:
> 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
> 2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
> 3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
> 
> Please submit your observations to eBird:
> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
> 
> --
> 

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to