John (if you can read this):

And notify google that your password has been hacked.  You should also
double check  with gmail search to make sure no personal info was in any of
the emails such as credit card numbers or logins and passwords.  They will
certainly be looking for them.  A friend from Japan was very careless about
her password being the same as her bank acct. password, etc.  It took a
couple of weeks to get her finances back in order.

Good luck.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Ardith Bondi <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is totally a scam - just delete it!
>
> Ardith Bondi
>
>
> On 2/18/11 2:40 PM, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> This probably is a scam. It happened to a friend of mine last year but
>> luckily no one fell for it.
>> The best thing to do is try phoning John to see if he is at home.
>>
>> Richard ZainEldeen
>> Brooklyn, NY
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: John Gavrity<[email protected]>
>> To: NYSBIRDS-L<[email protected]>
>> Sent: Fri, Feb 18, 2011 1:44 pm
>> Subject: [nysbirds-l] It's urgent, please respond
>>
>> It�s me,  I really don't mean to inconvenience you right now, I made a
>> little trip to Netherlands and I misplaced my luggage that contains my
>> passport and credit cards, I know this may sound odd, but it all
>> happened very fast. I need to get a new passport and a ticket, but I'm
>> short of funds to pay for my ticket, and other miscellaneous expense.
>> Please, can you lend me some funds to get a ticket? I'll be willing to
>> pay back as soon as I get home.
>>
>> Please respond as soon as you get this message, so I can forward you my
>> details to send the funds to me, OR you can drop a message via the
>> hotel's desk phone if you can. The numbers are, 
>> <01131%202%200622%208607>01131
>> 2 0622 8607.
>>
>> I await your response
>> John Gavrity
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> NYSbirds-L List Info:
>> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
>> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
>>
>> ARCHIVES:
>> 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
>> 2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
>> 3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
>>
>> Please submit your observations to eBird:
>> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> NYSbirds-L List Info:
>> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
>> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
>>
>> ARCHIVES:
>> 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
>> 2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
>> 3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
>>
>> Please submit your observations to eBird:
>> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>>
> --
>
> NYSbirds-L List Info:
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
>
> ARCHIVES:
> 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
> 2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
> 3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
>
> Please submit your observations to eBird:
> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
>
> --
>



-- 
"The test of us as a society is not necessarily how we treat the best among
us but how we treat the most questionable." - Ben Loeterman

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to