The Snow Goose numbers seemed somewhat down to me this morning.  I believe 
there were only about 5,500 Snows split between three locations.  Onion Ave 
initially had about a 1,000 birds.  They were distant and I was unable to make 
out anything other than a number of Blue Morphs.  The Onion Farm on Co rt 12 
had the highest count with about 2,500 present.  They were so piled up in the 
pouring rain that here too I could only spot Blue Morphs.  At Mission Lands 
Road, about 2,000 Snow Geese and 1,000 Canada's were spread out over a five 
acre field directly in front of the DeBucks Home/Farm.  These birds were easily 
scanned and I shortly found one adult ROSS'S GOOSE.  I left there and headed 
back to co rt 12.  The big flock was gone from the Onion Farm.  I proceeded 
back to Onion Avenue and found that they had joined the original birds there.  
The rain was coming in waves sideways and the geese were mostly sitting with 
their heads tucked.  None of these areas are likely to flood, and I doubt the 
birds are going anywhere in this weather.  I think the weekend might be good.  
John Haas

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
3) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to