Based on communication with Doug last night, I searched unsuccessfully for the 
possible Grey-headed Gull from 6:45 to 8:15 this morning. I rode the entire 
length of the boardwalk on my bike. 

Coney Island beach is a favorite roosting spots for gulls at high tide-which 
was at 7:15- but I was disappointed in the number of LAGU, there initially 
being  less than 30 on the beach. By the time I had to leave, the number had 
grown to ~ 150, but this pales to the 4,000 I saw in Jamaica Bay in Tuesday. 

All told there were a good ~1,000 gulls on the beach, with the majority being 
Ring-billed and Herring. I did find one SY LESSER BLACK-BACKED.


Plum Beach is a favored spot for LAGU at falling to low tide, and Breezy Point 
is just across the channel so if anyone has the inclination or time to expand 
the search area those are a couple of places to look. I also did not look at 
Manhattan Beach.

Although it is only one photo, it seems like a pretty good fit for Grey-headed 
Gull to me. Would be awesome if it could be relocated.


Regards,
Shane 
Brooklyn NY

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to