Just after dawn yesterday (10 Aug) I headed out on the low-tide flats at
Cupsogue County Park and found two Marbled Godwits together on the western
side of the flats. By 7am they were feeding in separate spots.   This
morning I saw again saw godwits in two separate locations there - I assume
they were the same two birds, although I didn't see them at the same time
and perhaps there was only one.

Other birds of interest to me included adults of Little Blue Heron and
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron, and a fly-over Wilson's Snipe at Pike's.  I
watched the parade of swallows flying west for a while and picked one each
Bank and Cliff.  I know that Shai Mitra reported juvenile Least Sandpipers
a couple weeks ago at Jamaica Bay, but today was the first day I really
noticed them at Cupsogue.

Richard Kaskan
Shoreham, NY
-- 
[email protected]
(512) 748-8660

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to