I came across a Ringed Turtle-Dove this morning on my way to work at about 
8:30. Though un-banded, It is most likely an escaped bird and not a wild 
African Collared-Dove. I obtained good documentary pictures which confirm the 
ID that I will post later. For those who might want to try for it, take the A 
train to the 207th stop. Exit from the uptown stairs which will leave you on 
the corner of 211th street and Broadway. Walk west on 211th St./Isham 
St./Heroes of 911 Way for one block and make your first left, walking north on 
the west side of Park Terrace West until you reach the staircase connecting 
P.T.W. to Seaman Avenue and start looking. It was feeding with a flock of house 
sparrows just off of the west side sidewalk on Park Terrace West.

Good luck,

Nadir Souirgi
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to