Date: Aug. 1,2014
Location: Jamaica Bay-East Pond
 
The water conditions have improved since my last visit earlier in the week. 
 On the south end of the East Pond I only had to walk through 50 feet of 2 
inch  water to reach the "Raunt" area. On the north end of the East Pond I 
walked  through 20 feet of 2 inch water before reaching a path that leads to 
an dry area  opposite the "Island". Going further is still a challenge.
 
The birds were very good. My visit was between 10 am and 1pm, just before  
high tide. I saw the following:
 
American Avocet-1 ( good color)
Am. Oystercatcher- 2
Black-bellied Plover- 12
Semipalmated Plover- 30 
Short-billed Dowitcher- 100
Greater Yellowlegs-2
Lesser Yellowlegs-1
Spotted Sandpiper- 4
Semiplamated Sandpiper- 900
Least Sandpiper- 10
Stilt Sandpiper- 3
 
Also present were:Gull-billed Tern, Marsh Wren. Little Blue Heron,  
Peregrine Falcon (satisfied and left after it picked off some shorebird)
 
Good Birding,
Joe Giunta
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to