They called me back today.  Said the inventory manager didn't approve to ship 
out new ones. She did however say I could ship my edition in and they would 
send me out a replacement. I declined. 

Justin Lawson 
Millbury Ma 
Flickr.com/photos/justinlawson 
Worcesterbigyear.blogspot.com




On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 7:33 AM -0800, "Michael Scheibel" 
<[email protected]> wrote:










Re: Sibley, 2nd edition. This morning, I called the number given in an earlier 
post (1 800 793 2665) twice, both times I was told by two different reps "there 
is no replacement program" available from Knopf, and that the information 
circulating on the internet is false.Mike ScheibelBrookhaven
On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Justin Lawson <[email protected]> wrote:
I called when it was first reported to this list. The first person I spoke with 
said that all retailers were sent a letter in NOVEMBER stating there was a 
replacement and that retailers would replace. I hung up and called back. The 
next person said the same thing. I then said well I bought my book on the 
release date and I no longer had my receipt as I didn't know I would have to 
replace it.  She then took my contact information and stated that there is a 
list and that within a few weeks I would receive by UPS a new version of 
Sibleys. I would suggest calling back. 
Sent from Outlook




On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:31 PM -0800, "Gary Kohlenberg" <[email protected]> 
wrote:










I just spoke with Knopf Publishing about the replacements of Sibley's 2nd 
edition and there is NO program to replace these books. 
This was apparently an understanding  with some individuals but not a recall 
for general purchases. Too bad. 

Gary Kohlenberg 


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--







--
        NYSbirds-L List Info:
        Welcome and Basics         
        Rules and Information         
        Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
        Archives:
        The Mail Archive
        Surfbirds
        BirdingOnThe.Net
        Please submit your observations to eBird!
        --
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to