I received the following 2 emails (below) today:  It seems we are out of luck 
now.

 

1)Good morning, 

 

We are writing in reply to your recent request for a copy of the 2nd printing 
of the above title.

 

We regret any inconvenience, however complimentary replacements for individuals 
with the first printing of this edition are not available. 

 

"The Sibley Guide to Birds was never meant to be a static publication. 'My goal 
is for birders everywhere to have the best possible experience

With my guidebooks,’ says Sibley, ‘and I will continue to make adjustments to 
ensure that is the case.' In the first edition of his landmark book,

author David Sibley made revisions over the course of several printings in an 
effort to achieve the most accurate rendering of his work. This has

continued with the second edition of The Sibley Guide to Birds, with David 
making several refinements, including type and color adjustments, in

the second printing. The second printing is now off press and available in 
bookstores.

 

Thank you for your interest in this title.  If you have not yet seen the 2nd 
printing you may find it at your local bookstore. 

 

 

 

Respectfully, 

 

Consumer Service

CW 3866

=======================================================================================================

2) Good morning, 

 

We are writing in reply to your recent request for a copy of the 2nd printing 
of the above title.  We regret any inconvenience, however complimentary 
replacements for individuals with the first printing of this edition are not 
available. 

 

The information provided over the last several days, via the various bird 
groups, was not an official statement from Knopf.  We do not have a replacement 
program for the first printing.  At this time, we are taking consumer feedback. 
 If you would like to return your current copy, you may do so via UPS traceable 
service to :

 

Penguin Random House

Attn: Consumer Services/DMS

400 Hahn Rd

Westminster, MD 21157

 

 

The Sibley Guide to Birds was never meant to be a static publication. 'My goal 
is for birders everywhere to have the best possible experience

With my guidebooks,’ says Sibley, ‘and I will continue to make adjustments to 
ensure that is the case.' In the first edition of his landmark book,

author David Sibley made revisions over the course of several printings In an 
effort to achieve the most accurate rendering of his work. This has

continued with the second edition of The Sibley Guide to Birds, with David 
making several refinements, including type and color adjustments, in

the second printing. The second printing is now off press and available in 
bookstores.

 

Thank you for your interest in this title.  If you have not yet seen the 2nd 
printing you may find it at your local bookstore. 

 

 

Consumer Services

AS-3916

 

 

 

From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael 
Scheibel
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 10:34 AM
To: Justin Lawson
Cc: Gary Kohlenberg; NYSBIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] Sibley replacements

 

Re: Sibley, 2nd edition. This morning, I called the number given in an earlier 
post (1 800 793 2665) twice, both times I was told by two different reps "there 
is no replacement program" available from Knopf, and that the information 
circulating on the internet is false.

Mike Scheibel

Brookhaven

 

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Justin Lawson <[email protected]> wrote:

I called when it was first reported to this list. The first person I spoke with 
said that all retailers were sent a letter in NOVEMBER stating there was a 
replacement and that retailers would replace. I hung up and called back. The 
next person said the same thing. I then said well I bought my book on the 
release date and I no longer had my receipt as I didn't know I would have to 
replace it.  She then took my contact information and stated that there is a 
list and that within a few weeks I would receive by UPS a new version of 
Sibleys. I would suggest calling back. 


Sent from Outlook <http://taps.io/outlookmobile> 

 





On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:31 PM -0800, "Gary Kohlenberg" <[email protected]> 
wrote:

I just spoke with Knopf Publishing about the replacements of Sibley's 2nd 
edition and there is NO program to replace these books. 
This was apparently an understanding  with some individuals but not a recall 
for general purchases. Too bad. 
 
Gary Kohlenberg 
 
 
--
 
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
 
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
 
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
 
--
 

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME> Welcome and Basics 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES> Rules and Information 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm> 
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave

Archives:

The Mail Archive 
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html> 

 <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L> Surfbirds

BirdingOnThe.Net <http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html> 

Please submit your observations to  <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/> eBird!

--

 

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME> Welcome and Basics 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES> Rules and Information 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm> 
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave

Archives:

The Mail Archive 
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html> 

 <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L> Surfbirds

BirdingOnThe.Net <http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html> 

Please submit your observations to  <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/> eBird!

--


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to