Monday, 31 October, 2016 -
Central Park, Manhattan, N.Y. City

In reviewing some photos I took at about noon-ish this Monday, in  
Central Park, I find one (taken at 48X opticaI zoom with my point-&- 
shoot) photo which in addition to a male Eastern Bluebird, of which  
there were 7 or more in the area, shows what appears to be a possible  
Tyrannus [genus] Kingbird with a (rather bright) yellow belly and gray  
breast - right now, I am headed to the site, this bird was  
photographed at NOON, and may no longer be in the area.

Area: the inside NW corner of the Great Lawn, in a large oak just  
inside the fence, & perched out with some of the bluebirds at that  
hour; it might be worth a look around where this late afternoon's last  
sun is shining (if at all) in the vicinity, perhaps more to the east;  
this area is roughly at the latitude of West 85 Street within the park.

The one photo I have is not great, and will not suffice to make a  
species determination. More later, & obviously to be checked-for on  
Tuesday 11/1 if possiblel

Tom Fiore
Manhattan

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to