Hello Tom I live in Potsdam, St. Lawrence County and I have a large swamp on my land and I am sorry to say I have noticed a lack of Kingfishers on my property, as well as at other locations where I look for them each year. St.Lawrence County has numerous wetland areas that I frequently visit to look for birds and it seems the Kingfishers are missing. I noticed a drop in them last year too but I cannot say I have any idea as to why, it is one of my favorite birds.
Mary Beth Warburton Potsdam, NY On Jul 3, 2019, at 11:12 AM, Thomas Rhindress <[email protected]> wrote: To the group, especially my fellow Upstaters, I live in Ulster County, with approximately 1000 feet of frontage along Roundout Creek. During the summers of 2017 and 2018, I would see/hear kingfishers daily. This summer I have observed them 2 or 3 times. Are others seeing a similar lack of kingfishers? We had way above average rain from August to early October last year. Wondering if this may have had negative impact on prey availability, or on last year's nest success. Thanks for any input, Tom Rhindress -- NYSbirds-L List Info: Welcome and Basics <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm> Rules and Information <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm> Archives: The Mail Archive <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html> Surfbirds <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L> ABA <http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01> Please submit your observations to eBird <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>! -- -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
