Salutations Everyone:

Taking advantage of cooler weather this morning, I opted to continue tweaking 
the trails on the Southend of the East Pond and also addressed some holes 
around “Schriber’s Slew.”

I know some folks were understandably not comfortable walking the edge of 
Schriber’s Slew, so last week, I opened up an inside path parallel to the edge. 
Today, I widened that path. I also filled the hole near the Orange Cone which I 
used to serve as a warning of the drop in the ground. That drop is now filled, 
so traversing that spot will be much easier. I also added more rocks/slabs to 
another hole on the edge of Schriber’s Slew; intrepid birders preferring the 
outside path on the edge should find it easier.  This leaves one other dodgy 
area on the edge to fix which I hope to sort out soon.

Feeling energized, I also widened the path to the Pond and cleaned up areas 
that I had already cleared.

As I have stated before, I am constantly in the ear of NPS on a number of items 
regarding the refuge. One of them was a request to get the boot washing station 
back online. I got a commitment today that it will be live so please look for 
it when you get off the Pond and need to wash off your boots and or Spotting 
Scope legs. When you do, please keep in mind that we are still observing 
Covid-19 protocols so avoid congregating at the station in big numbers.

In terms of trail clearing, I think the Southend is good. I just need to sort 
out or rather tweak the Northend. I was too gassed to attempt that today but I 
will in the near future. Additionally, I am working with NPS on signage, which 
are in design stages; hopefully, we will have them deployed soon. Especially, 
on the Northend which is notorious for “sticky mud.”

Some images of today’s work can be seen here: 
https://twitter.com/birdingdude/status/1417171207934423044?s=21

Wishing everyone a pleasant evening!

Cheers,
--------
“Tenderness and Kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but 
manifestations of strength and resolution” ~ Khalil Gibran

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of 
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick 
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu  The Art of War

> (\__/)
> (= '.'=)                                            
> (") _ (")                                     
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device! 

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to