From:
<nznog-boun...@list.waikato.ac.nz<mailto:nznog-boun...@list.waikato.ac.nz>> on
behalf of Todd Dickason
<todd.dicka...@citylink.co.nz<mailto:todd.dicka...@citylink.co.nz>>
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 9:31 PM
To: "nznog@list.waikato.ac.nz<mailto:nznog@list.waikato.ac.nz>"
<nznog@list.waikato.ac.nz<mailto:nznog@list.waikato.ac.nz>>
Subject: [nznog] Hurricane Electric joining APE

Hello APE peers (and NZNOG),

A heads up from CityLink Peering (http://nzix.net)

Hurricane Electric (AS6939) are in the process of connecting to the Auckland
Peering Exchange (APE) and you can expect to see an increase in the number of
prefixes once they're connected.

We'll send another post to NZNOG when we've a confirmed turn-up date.  We're
going to follow the sensible lead of ix.nz here (credit where it's due Joe) and
only open the filters for Hurricane Electric up on one of our route servers
(rs2.ape.nzix.net) initially. We'll open up rs1.ape.nzix.net when we see all
peers functioning normally on rs2.ape.nzix.net.

Hurricane Electric have advised us that they will advertise approximately
28,000 IPv6 routes and up to 57,000 IPv4 routes initially.  Additionally
they've suggested prefix limit adjustments to cater for increases from them of
65k IPv6 and 175k IPv4 routes.

FYI: our details
AS9560
rs1.ape.nzix.net,  192.203.154.1, 2001:7fa:4:c0cb::9a01
rs2.ape.nzix.net,  192.203.154.2, 2001:7fa:4:c0cb::9a02

Any queries for our customers who are on-list please email us at
peer...@citylink.co.nz<mailto:peer...@citylink.co.nz>.

Cheers
Todd
CityLink/TeamTalk Ops