> On 24/10/2018, at 10:57 PM, Job Snijders <j...@ntt.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 02:26:46AM +0000, Sid Jones wrote:
>> FYI: We will be standing up the first session tomorrow from 10am
>>
>> rs2.ape.nzix.net
>> 192.203.154.2
>> 2001:7fa:4:c0cb::9a02
>
> I was reviewing http://www.nzix.net/getstarted.html - is there any
> specific reason these route servers are basic unfiltered?

While this isn’t an answer, there’s some history. I imagine others from
Citylink themselves will have info on the current state.

They used to be filtered, the config was generated by a script and the process
(quagga or zebra or what not) restarted. Meant that BGP sessions flapped
whenever there was a policy update, rather than some sort of soft reload.
People didn’t like that very much.

I recall someone was looking at soft reloads, but I don’t know if that got
implemented. I imagine current state (i.e. bogons and a prefix limit) is where
that got too.

--
Nathan Ward