Hi,

No, MX104 is very much not enough with full tables.

Of course, you have you ask yourself if you *really* need full tables. If you
have a couple of upstream providers, is that really necessary, or can you
instead take a default and significantly cut your costs?

There’s a handful of networks in NZ who can benefit meaningfully from full
tables. Peering routes, a default, maybe accepting a few specific paths you
care about, is more than enough for most networks here.

MX204 are great little boxes. They can certainly handle full tables well.

You might also consider software solutions. 10G is very manageable in software
these days.