fwiw I would (for a change :) ) would like to avoid OSGi here and keep
things as they are for following reasons

1. JR2 is not OSGi friendly and we use some of the internal classes
for upgrade which would be problematic in OSGI
2. For debug and console we rely on some non exported packages. Using
them in OSGi would again be tricky

Chetan Mehrotra