On 2014-08-26 08:03, Amit Jain wrote:
Hi Julian,

The LastRevRecoveryAgent is executed at 2 places
1. On DocumentNodeStore startup where the MissingLastRevSeeker is used to
get potential candidates for recovery.
  2. At regular intervals defined by the property
'lastRevRecoveryJobIntervalInSecs' in the DocumentNodeStoreService (default
60 seconds). Short description is that MissingLastRevSeeker will be called
rarely in this case.
Long description - In this case a less expensive query is executed to find
out all the stale clusterNodes for which recovery is to be performed. If
there are clusterNodes that have unexpectedly shutdown and their
'leaseEndTime' has not expired then MissingLastRevSeeker will check all
potential candidates.

Proposal: if this code *is* used regularly, we'll need an API so that
DocumentStore implementations other than Mongo can optimize the query.
+1. Since, It will be executed on every startup. RDBDocumentStore already
maintains the index on _modified property so, optimized querying is
possible.

Thanks
Amit

OK, so can we put what's needed into the DocumentStore API, or alternatively have an extension interface, that both MongoDocumentStore and RDBDocumentStore could implement?

Best regards, Julian