Hi,

On 6 September 2016 at 11:34, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com>
> wrote:
> > ...we'd still have to add
> > Jackrabbit API to support it. E.g. something like:
> >
> > valueFactory.createBinary(existingBinary, appendThisInputStream); ...
>
> And maybe a way to mark the binary as "in progress" to avoid
> applications using half-uploaded binaries?

yes, thats also needed where an incremental upload is being performed.
AWS and the Google Data API both have the concepts of a session ID when
performing incremental uploads to avoid conflicts between multiple clients
operating on the same.
The current impl in Sling assumes only 1 upload is being performed per
resource. If there are 2 a 500 will be issued and the client will probably
reset the state breaking the other upload session.

@Marcel I'll document the use case on the wiki. Thanks for the pointer.

Best Regards
Ian