On 2016-10-07 10:56, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Julian Reschke wrote
On 2016-10-07 08:04, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
The easiest solution that comes to my mind is:

Whenever a nt:resource child node of a nt:file node is created, it is
silently changed to oak:resource.

Carsten

Observation: that might break code that actually wants a referenceable
node: it would create the node, check for the presence of
mix:referenceable, and then decide not to add it because it's already
there.

Well, there might be code that assumes that a file uploaded through
webdav is using a resource child node that is referenceable.
Or a file posted through the Sling POST servlet has this. Now, you could
argue if that code did not create the file, it should check node types,
but how likely is that if the code has history?

So whatever solution we pick, there is a risk that existing code fails.

That is true..

However, my preference would be to only break code which is non-conforming right now. Code should not rely on nt:resource being referenceable (see <https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/spec/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html#3.7.11.5%20nt:resource>).

So my preference would be to make that change and see what breaks (and get that fixed).

Best regards, Julian