Hi,

What about walking the revision history in smaller chunks?
Given a repository history of revisions: r0, r1, ...., r100, the indexer
would now diff [r0, r100] which can be resource intensive. What if it diffs
by a window of size 10: [r0, r9] (mark), [r10, r19] (mark) and so on. This
would not give out a 'continuable' session, but it has resilience, and
optionally it could already use the intermediary index to serve queries
instead of full traversals.

alex