We have some CommitEditors in Oak which look for specific child node
upon each commit like 'oak:index' and 'rep:cugPolicy'

In most cases such child node does not exist and this leads to extra
remote calls in case of DocumentNodeStore to determine if child with
such a name exist or not. In case of updates to nodes where child data
is not cached this quickly adds up and becomes a major portion of
remote call made from Oak and something which we can avoid

We should look into approaches where such child lookup can be avoided
in critical write path.

One possible approach is to mark the parent with a specific hidden
property which has such a node upon addition. This would avoid the
negative lookup in case of updates

Chetan Mehrotra