Eran,
        Excellent write-up. Couple of quick points:

        a)      Instead of another "easy-to-read" specification document
of some kind, might be easier to write an OAuth Primer (similar to what
W3C does). The document can have a section on "Lessons learned from
implementations". Naturally all of these will get folded into the RFC.

        b)      You had mentioned lack of good open source libraries. I
agree that it is important to have good libraries. Which libraries do
need work ? Is there a list of tasks or some sort of pointers ? If we
have a Wiki page and a list of work to be done - even at a very high
granular level - then it will make it easier for folks to pitch-in as
time permits.

        c)      BTW, moving to IETF is very good. A standard under a
well-accepted body like IETF makes it easier for corporations to adopt.
In the process, we also get visibility from the security community plus
a deliberate-systemic approach for growth.

Cheers
<k/>