On 4/28/09 1:40 PM, Brian Eaton wrote:
> It's fine to limit the number of unsuccessful exchange attempts, but a
> limit of one is too low.  Five attempts is more reasonable.
 >
> Limiting the number of successful exchange attempts to one makes sense.

This makes sense.  Perhaps the spec should be organized in this way:

----

The SP MUST invalidate the request token after a successful exchange
attempt.

The SP MUST invalidate the request token after a certain number of
unsuccessful exchange attempts.  The number is RECOMMENDED to be between
1 and 5, as appropriate.

----

I don't see why a SP should be prohibited from expiring a token after
one unsuccessful exchange attempt.  IMHO, the number should be chosen
based on the SP's desired security level.

--
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/