I'm curious about the way I see Google has implemented the OAuth 1.0
protocol, which is reasonable, although the spec itself seems to disagree
with it.

>From the spec <http://oauth.net/core/1.0/#anchor14>, snipped here:

The request parameters are collected, sorted and concatenated into a
normalized string:

   - Parameters in the OAuth HTTP Authorization header (Authorization Header
   ) <http://oauth.net/core/1.0/#auth_header_authorization> excluding the
   realm parameter.
   - Parameters in the HTTP POST request body (with a content-type of
   application/x-www-form-urlencoded).
   - HTTP GET parameters added to the URLs in the query part (as defined by
   [RFC3986] (Berners-Lee, T., “Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic
   Syntax,” .) <http://oauth.net/core/1.0/#RFC3986> section 3).

 Note that the query part of the URL is only supposed to be included in the
construction of the signature base string if the request is a GET.  If the
request is a POST, that happens to include a query part in the URL, there is
no mention of that as the source of parameters to sign.  My take on that
then is that the URI query part of a POST request is not signed.

Is the spec wrong?  (it seems insecure)  Google signs this part although the
spec seems to suggest against it.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death