So can I ask, how do you not do early binding with desktop clients that
don't receive the call-back?
i.e. the only way of doing late binding is to identify via the call-back url
which request token was authorised or denied so that that can be linked to
the current user. If the application doesn't receive the call-back and
relies on the user to tell the application that the step is complete there's
no way of the application knowing which request token was authorised and
must have a link between the user and request token prior to sending the
user to the authorisation url?

or am I missing something.

Owen