James, you made the best argument (in my view) of why we should stick
with the existing proposal, namely that the easiest way to preserve
statelessness is to implement a measure that results in XSRF
protection side effects.

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Owen Evans <owenmcev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> true... must be in an after lunch stupor.
>
> 2009/5/6 Manger, James H <james.h.man...@team.telstra.com>
>>
>> I think it does solve the problem, Owen.
>>

>> The SP redirects B to the malicious callback – and remembers that this
>> malicious callback is associated with this request token & verifier.
>>
>> When the consumer asks for an access token the consumer will include the
>> original callback. The SP notices that the two callbacks are different and
>> rejects the access token request.
>>

>> James Manger
>> james.h.man...@team.telstra.com
>> Identity and security team — Chief Technology Office — Telstra

--Breno

+1 (650) 214-1007 desk
+1 (408) 212-0135 (Grand Central)
MTV-41-3 : 383-A