On Aug 11, 8:29 pm, Shunde Zhang <dickie.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in OAuth and want to set up my own oauth env. From the
> website, all I found are oauth client libs. I would like to know
> whether there are open source oauth servers, or apache modules. What I
> want to set up is just like how google oauth works, I have an LDAP
> server, and want to set up something on top of that to let users
> authenticate against it with oauth protocol, then I set up another
> service provider so that users can attach the token when accessing it,
> and the service provider can validate the token with the oauth server.
>
> Is there anything like this yet?
>
> Cheers,
> Shunde

There are sample oauth servers on code.google.com in PHP and Java (not
sure about others). However these may need to be customized per your
needs but act as a very good reference implementations. You can use
any identity/auth server - OAuth does not rely on the authentication
store, it delegates the authentication process to the identity
provider. The end user will still login as if he were logging into the
identity provider's site - OAuth is handed back the control after the
auth is done at the identity provider. In other words, you'd need to
have that login part on your site regardless of OAuth.

-cheers,
Manish