On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Hans Granqvist <h...@granqvist.com> wrote:
> We're going live with some new PUT-based APIs. The body is not name/value
> pairs and thus not application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
>
> Can anybody shed some light on the status of
> http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/spec/ext/body_hash/1.0/oauth-bodyhash.html
> and how it relates to OAuth main spec?

It is an optional extension that is backwards compatible with the main
oauth spec.  If both client and server use the extension, it's a
security win and also helpful for developers.  If one or the other
doesn't support it, interop is still possible.

> Has anyone implemented it in production?

Various OpenSocial containers have it in production.

It's been useful because we've had persistent problems with developers
doing strange things like sending JSON request bodies with
'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' content types.  That's difficult
to support consistently, and it led to interop problems.  Now that
we've got an official supported way of signing non-form-encoded
request bodies it is less of an issue.

Cheers,
Brian