I would like to leverage OAuth without having to hit a database to validate
each request. In addition, I would like to avoid using public key's since
the performance is slower and distribution of the public keys can be
difficult. These requirements have led me to investigating the OAuth Session
Extension. The problem I am facing is it appears that, like many APIs, the
implementation is left up to the individuals (perhaps I am just missing
something). I have seen forums suggesting that Yahoo has implemented
something very similar to what I am looking for, but have not figured out
all the pieces. Specifically I am looking for information on:

* Why does Yahoo embed the scopes inside the consumer id and not the access
token? This would allow scopes to change per request. Are there problems
with doing it this way?
* How is the consumer id created (to include scopes)?
* How is the access token formulated to include information on validating
the signature?

Thanks in advance,
Rob