Allen,

Thank you for your reply...it was very helpful. I had some thoughts on how
to best implement the OAuth Session Ext, but wanted some feedback from the
community to make sure I am not missing something. Your response has
confirmed that I was on the right track.

The one thing that I am still wondering about is the question that I worded
poorly. Let me try to rephrase. I noticed that the Yahoo documentation
states "the scopes (permissions) are embedded within the Consumer Key and
cannot be changed. If you change the scopes for a particular application,
Yahoo! issues a new Consumer Key." [1]. I was thinking it would make more
sense to embed scopes in the AccessToken (as you have stated). This allows
consumers to make requests to numerous different sets of resources without
needing to have a different consumer key generated. The reason why I ask
this is to ensure that I have not overlooked something. Are there problems
(i.e. security concerns) with putting scopes in the Access Token? Perhaps I
misunderstood the documentation and the scopes are actually in the Access
Token (this appears likely from the way I am understanding your response).

Thanks again for your help,
Rob

[1] http://developer.yahoo.com/oauth/guide/oauth-auth-flow.html