If it's impossible to validate who a client is for even one particular
protocol in the spec, doesn't this leave a provider's web service open to
anyone making an authentication/login request to that implemented profile in
the spec? Unless I'm missing something, this is a problem because a provider
would be opening themselves up to likely phishing attacks, and no way to
stop it except by shutting down the entire protocol that allowed it. Perhaps
this is just a documentation issue because implementing this portion of the
spec could potentially make a provider less secure with no real way of
stopping it after it's implemented.

~/Jason Hullinger