On 2010-03-09, at 4:23 PM, Marius Scurtescu wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM, David Recordon <record...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ideally we'd limit the length of access and refresh tokens as well as
>> client keys and secrets to no more than 255 characters (a one byte
>> varchar in MySQL).
>
>>  Is this an issue for anyone?
>
> That being said, I don't see a problem with limiting the lengths.

I would not want to limit them anymore than they need to be.
When editing OAuth WRAP, we looked into size issues. Current limits are HTTP
header size limitations, which are 4-8K total.

Given the ability to put all the claims needed into the Access Token, I can see
Access Tokens being 1-2K and being really useful.

-- Dick