On 03/10/2010 04:42 PM, John Kemp wrote:
> One reason I can imagine is to make it possible to encode information into
> the token itself so that the token can be "self-contained" (mentioned also by
> others on this list).

Though thats an interesting option, compatibility of implementations
might be easier to achieve by strict specifications like "maximum of 256
characters".

Just to get an idea about the situation: Is the mentioned
"self-contained token" a common scenario / popular demand that needs to
be covered?

Regards,
Moritz

--
sipgate GmbH - Gladbacher Str. 74 - 40219 Düsseldorf
HRB Düsseldorf 39841 - Geschäftsführer: Thilo Salmon, Tim Mois

www.sipgate.de - www.sipgate.at - www.sipgate.co.uk