Hi Eran,

The spec looks really good, thanks for all the work you put into it.

I think it was a good idea to remove the 401 responses and use only 400.

A few minor comments bellow:

3.5.1

The client is described as being incapable to act as a HTTP server,
and of receiving incoming request. The client must provide a callback,
so it is acting as a HTTP server and it is also receiving requests. In
theory a JavaScript client could work with the Web Server flow, it
would extract the verification code from the URL and then make a
direct call to get the access token. I think it is more accurate to
describe the client as not being capable of storing secrets?

3.5.2.1

The client must direct the user agent to the authorization server
using GET. Why is this a MUST? A POST should also work if the client
prefers that, no? Can at least this be changed to SHOULD?

3.5.2.1.1

Same as above, the authorization server directs the user agent back to
the redirection URI with a GET. Why MUST?

3.5.3.1

"an HTTP GET request to the authorization endpoint", should probably
read: "an HTTP POST request to the token endpoint" (POST and token
endpoint).

3.5.3.2.3

The response HTTP status code should probably be 400, not 401.

3.7.1.1

client_secret is marked as OPTIONAL. Maybe for this flow it should
always be REQUIRED?

For invalid requests there are two error codes: incorrect_credentials
and unauthorized_client. Since only client credentials are present in
the request, it is not clear what the difference is. I do agree that
both codes are useful, the second makes reference to an invisible
scope, if the scope was present it would be easier to explain that
case.

3.7.2.1

For invalid assertions there are two error codes:
incorrect_credentials and unauthorized_client. The first one does not
make sense in this context. Maybe invalid_assertion?

5

Second to last paragraph ends in the middle of a sentence.

5.2.2

If the entity body includes other parameters, is it worth requiring
that oauth_token be the first one?

Marius