There is an explanation (I'm not defending it, just explaining).

In the flow endpoint I chose 'access_token' over token because of the refresh
token. It seems better to talk about two different kinds of tokens than to have
one generic 'token' and one with special meaning 'refresh_token'.

The protected resource endpoint is the only place I agree requires a prefix
because it always intrudes on another namespace or platform and the likelihood
of a conflict is high. I used 'oauth_token' instead of 'oauth_access_token' for
brevity thinking that it should be trivial to figure out what to put there (the
only other option is a refresh token which isn't likely to be confused here).

The header uses 'token' because it is a generic authentication scheme which
doesn't mandate you use the OAuth flows to get a token. This is the only place
I feel strongly about not changing it.

Feel free to propose new names.

EHL