On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Eran Hammer-Lahav <e...@hueniverse.com> wrote:

>> Oh, I wouldn't expect it to stop. The group has a bunch of unrelated stuff
>> grouped into one document. There seems to be consensus to do that, but it
>> still runs counter to the conventional wisdom.
>
> Can you point to specific parts that should not be grouped together?

Sure, to give one example, I would make the device flow a separate
spec immediately. That seems only distantly related to other things in
the spec, and may not be really necessary by the time the standard
matures.

I mean, Facebook engineers have already said they felt comfortable
shipping certain pieces of the spec because they seem stable. Why
isn't the group hammering out nits in those pieces, writing test
suites, and declaring victory? You can always add more later.

Anyway, I've said my piece on this point quite enough. Many new
readers will probably bring it up, though. That shouldn't be
surprising.

--

Robert Sayre