Hi OAuthers,

First of all, I think I should introduce myself. I work at Facebook on the
Platform team (anything not facebook.com<http://facebook.com>). Before this I
was at Yahoo! doing SearchMonkey (semantic web stuff). I've written a few OAuth
applications and libraries, both at Yahoo and in my spare time.

For Facebook apps we're going to use your signature scheme with the following
changes:

* the signature comes before the payload
* we used the key 'algorithm' instead of 'alg' and 'expires' instead of
'not_before'
* we aren't sending any keys except algorithm, expires, and oauth_token (since
we're a special use case)
* we named the parameter signed_request because it is the signed part of a
request

We would love if you could adopt those changes. Then you'd have a real world
implementation out the door already :) We plan on launching July 20.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 9, 2010, at 1:39 PM, "Dirk Balfanz"