I have a question concerning the OAuth philosophy: How many resource servers may be managed by a single OAuth authorization server? (a) A single resource server or (b) several of them exposing different resource types?

If the answer is (b) then how is a particular resource server identified in the protocol? Clients have Ids, end-users as well (at least in a future protocol extension), but what about resource server Ids?

I think resource servers must be identifiable in multi-server deployments for several reasons: - Interpretation of the scope parameter should be resource server specific - "read" may have different meanings in mail and address book - An authorization server probably wants to apply server-specific security policy, e.g. different access token durations
- It will be possible to create special tokens per server

I think we should introduce a resource server id in the authz and access token request.

Any thoughts?

regards,
Torsten.