sounds really good.

+1 for adding this to the authorization code's specification.

Am 15.07.2010 16:22, schrieb Brian Campbell:
I agree it's important but it belong in security considerations or
perhaps somewhere in the definition of the Authorization Code itself?

Either way here's some text that could be used as a starting point.  I
borrowed heavily from concepts and language in SAML regarding
artifacts and IDs which bear many similarities (artifacts especially)
to authorization codes.

     The Authorization Code value MUST be constructed from
     a cryptographically strong random or pseudo-random number
     sequence [RFC1750] generated by the Authorization Server.
     The probability of any two Authorization Code values being
     identical MUST be less than or equal to 2^(-128) and SHOULD
     be less than or equal to 2^(-160).

Also perhaps there should be a suggestion or requirement on the
maximum size of the code as well?

-Brian

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Igor Faynberg