-----Original Message-----
From: oauth-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:oauth-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Torsten Lodderstedt
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:42 PM

> p.11 What is the meaning of "... the authentication of the client is based on
> the user-agent's same-origin policy." ? As far as I know, this policy
> restricts the hosts the JavaScript client is allowed to interact with. How
> does this "feature" authenticate the client on the authorization server?

This line came from Brian.

> Examples and client authentication: Since BASIC authentication is the default
> mechanisms for client authentication, I would suggest to use it in all
> examples.

This is a political compromise... the examples reflect what the majority
consider the common case (using parameters), but the normative text reflects
the ideal method. I don't care either way, but I fear that changing the
examples will confuse developer using the majority of web services today which
focus more on the parameters alternative.

EHL