I echo Dick's sentiment, mildly

-1 to splitting acquiring and using a token. It may not confuse people
actively engaged in the WG but what about everyone else?

Also, as Torsten and I look at security considerations, I wonder if there
are some examples that link the threat model for acquiring a token and
using a token.  So:

1) Will the decisions a service provider make when granting a token depend
on, or affect, the use case for using that token?
2) Will the use case, grant type or other flow parameters a client selects
for acquiring a token, depend on how they will use that token?

I don't have concrete examples to back this up but possibilities include:
automatic granting of access token, refresh tokens, non-secure channels, ??

Regards
Mark McGloin

Dick Hardt wrote on 29/09/2010 01:08

> I am mildly concerned that breaking the spec into multiple parts makes it
harder for the spec reader to understand what is going on. Where does a
complete example of > getting and using a token? Imagine how confusing HTTP
would be if the request and response were in separate specs.