From: Eran Hammer-Lahav [mailto:e...@hueniverse.com]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 1:27 PM
To: Mike Jones
Cc: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth bearer token draft ready for working group last
call

My last note on this was:

---
OAuth 2.0 defines two endpoint, each with a set of error codes. These codes are
not extensible and therefore do not require a registry. If you want to allow
error code extensibility, you need to make the case for that with requirements
and use cases. I have not seen any.

My API uses the 'position' parameter for protected resources. Am I expected to
register it? It has nothing to do with OAuth, but if I supported Bearer token
would be used alongside the 'oauth_token' parameter. The 'oauth_token'
parameter is an nasty hack to make it easy for developers to access protected
resources without using the Authorization header (based on browser limitations
from 4 years ago). Defining a registry for this parameter is just adding insult
to injury.

The bearer token draft can define whatever registries it want for those using
*bearer* tokens. It has no say on anything else. Period. If you want to make
changed to other drafts, you need to make a case and build consensus. By
definition, your drafts cannot change any requirement in other drafts unless
you update them (this is an IETF process rule).

Can you provide use cases, requirements, and examples for each of your new
proposals?
---

Did I miss a reply?

EHL