It is not less secure if you can't authenticate the client. If the application
is running inside the browser, how is any other profile better? It is
performing better for browsers and is actually more secure by not sending
anything over to the server hosting the static scripts.

> >> 2) Section 2.1, we should MUST TLS even for Authorization Code.
> >
> > Why? What's the attack vector?
>
> See Phils comment on past experience with artifact bindings.  Spec should
> default for security always on, and let deployments that don't want to use
> HTTPs simply be non-conformant.

That does not explain the attack vector... The code is useless unless you have
the ability to authenticate the client it was issued for. We have been
requiring TLS solely because of secrets confidentiality (bearer token, MAC
secret, client secret, etc.). This sounds like a different reason to require
TLS, and I'm just trying to understand what it is.

EHL