On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Thomas Hardjono <hardj...@mit.edu> wrote:

> Oh ok, now I get what "authenticating the client" means here. My bad.
> Perhaps the term "authenticating" is not accurate. Maybe "integrity
> verification" of client code is a better phrase.

It *may* include integrity verification of the client binary, but in
the use cases I'm envisioning it's more a verification of the identity
of the application publisher, and that the publisher has a business
relationship with the OAuth authorization provider, such as a
developer registration.  In some case that matters.

Regards,

Dave

David B. Nelson
Sr. Software Architect