From: oauth-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:oauth-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Mike
Jones
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 10:02 AM
To: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Issue 18: defining new response types

I agree that this functionality is needed.  However, I believe its current
embodiment is overly restrictive.  I would suggest changing this text:

Only one response type of each combination may be registered and used for
making requests. Composite response types are treated and compared in the same
as manner as non-composite response types. The "+" notation is meant only to
improve human readability and is not used for machine parsing.

For example, an extension can define and register the token+code response type.
However, once registered, the same combination cannot be registered as
code+token, or used to make an authorization request.
to this:

The order of the composite response type values is not significant.  For
instance, the composite response types token+code and code+token are
equivalent.  Each composite response type value MUST occur only once.
                                                                Thanks,
                                                                -- Mike