So far response type values are just strings one need to compare literally. What use case justifies the more complex proposal?

regards,
Torsten.

Am 15.07.2011 19:44, schrieb Eran Hammer-Lahav:

I was only arguing against the proposed text which doesn't accomplish what you want from a normative perspective. I can easily address the use case with very short prose but I would like to see more working group discussion about it first.

Seems like WG members representing three large OAuth implementations (Facebook, Google, Microsoft) are very supportive. Does anyone objects to making the change to allow space-delimited values in the response_type parameter? Once we get consensus on that, I can proceed to offer a proposal. The main difficulty is how to deal with errors.

EHL

*From:*Mike Jones [mailto:michael.jo...@microsoft.com]
*Sent:* Friday, July 15, 2011 10:16 AM
*To:* Eran Hammer-Lahav; oauth@ietf.org
*Subject:* RE: Issue 18: defining new response types

Yes, that's the intent of the change

*From:*Eran Hammer-Lahav [mailto:e...@hueniverse.com] <mailto:[mailto:e...@hueniverse.com]>
*Sent:* Friday, July 15, 2011 10:14 AM
*To:* Mike Jones; oauth@ietf.org <mailto:oauth@ietf.org>

You can't have it both way. Either it is a simple string comparison or it requires parsing of the string. The current prose is designed to offer a visual cue without making any code changes to how response types are compared. To allow different orders, we have to turn the value to a parsed list.

EHL