Hi,

your observation is correct. OAuth security considerations recommend not to
rely on secrets for authenticating mobile apps (aka native apps) but to manage
them as so-called public clients. Please take a look onto section 10 of the
core spec for further details.

regards,
Torsten.

Karim <medkarim.esska...@gmail.com> schrieb:

Hello,

When using User-agent flow with OAuth2 for mobile platform, there is no way for
Authorization server to authenticate the client_id of the application.

So, anyone can impersonate my app by copying the client_id (and so get all
access tokens on my behalf), and this is applicable to Facebook, Foursquare,...

This is not managed by OAuth2 ? Or I missed something ?

For Web applications (Web server flow), access token is stored on the server
side, and the client is authenticated using secret key.

--
Karim