Hi all,

those who had attended the last IETF meeting may have noticed the ongoing
activity in the 'Applications Area Working Group' regarding Web Finger.
We had our discussion regarding Simple Web Discovery (SWD) as part of the
re-chartering process.

Here are the two specifications:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-appsawg-webfinger-03
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-simple-web-discovery-02

Now, the questions that seems to be hanging around are

 1) Aren't these two mechanisms solving pretty much the same problem?
 2) Do we need to have two standards for the same functionality?
 3) Do you guys have a position or comments regarding either one of them?

Ciao
Hannes

PS: Please also let me know if your view is: "I don't really know what all this
is about and the documents actually don't provide enough requirements to make a
reasonable judgement about the solution space."