On 06/02/13 17:56, William Mills wrote:
Yes, MAC relies on SSL for transport security. But you have bigger
problems than that if SSL is broken, because your primary authentication
credential is compromised now.

+1
Do we need to address sslstrip here if it's a general attack on SSL
transport for the browser?
When MAC is passed back to the client requesting a token in exchange for a grant, no browser is even involved, right ? Besides, one can exchange MAC token over two-way TLS in order to authenticate and I guess it is much much trickier to have a man in the middle attack with two-way TLS

Cheers, Sergey

*From:* Prabath Siriwardena <prab...@wso2.com>
*To:* William Mills <wmills_92...@yahoo.com>
*Cc:* L. Preston Sego III <lpse...@gmail.com>; "oauth@ietf.org"
<oauth@ietf.org>
*Sent:* Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:23 AM
*Subject:* Re: [OAUTH-WG] I'm concerned about how the sniffability of
oauth2 requests

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM, William Mills <wmills_92...@yahoo.com
<mailto:wmills_92...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

    There are two efforts at signed token types: MAC which is still a
    possibility if we wake up and do it, and the "Holder Of Key" type
    tokens.

If someone can use sslstrip then even MAC is not safe - since MAC key
needs to be transferred over SSL to the Client from the AS.

There are standard ways in HTTP to avoid or protect from sslstrip - IMHO
we need to occupy those best practices...

Thanks & regards,
-Prabath

    There are a lot of folks that agree with you.